Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Love the ones who don't just because you can. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Kiss slowly. Forgive quickly. God never said life would be easy.He just promised it would be worth it.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
TIPS ON PUMPING GAS
- Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon.
- In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role. A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.
- When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3)stages: low, middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed,there by minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some other liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.
- One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, every truck that is loaded is temperature compensated so that every gallon is actually the exact amount.
- Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some fthe dirt that normally settles on the bottom. Hope this will help you get the most value for your money.
- DO SHARE THESE TIPS WITH OTHERS! I MAY HELP SAVE A FEW $$...
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
My son informed me today that it is Earth Day!! So do something GREEN today!!! We need to take care of this great place we live...where else would we go?? So recycle, walk to work, or don't waste you time, water or food today!!!
Have a great Earth Day!!!
Monday, April 21, 2008
The first two pictures are of my items for the Honor Thy Mother Launch. The third picture is my beautiful Mom!!
The Ladies of Folk Art started a launch today "Honor Thy Mother", I still haven't got the link thing down so you'll have to trust me or go to tlofa on ebay and see what we have..lol
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
It was beautiful here today in NE Colorado, they are calling for snow tomorrow.
I've been trying to get things done, but life just gets in the way..lol Kids and honey do's are more important!!! The crafting will keep unitl tomorrow, or the next day..