~ A wise man once said: I don't know, go ask a Woman!! ~

Friday, February 25, 2011

Hair nets and aprons..

Well, it has been a day or two since my last post..As is touched on in my last post, I got a job as a 'cooks assistant' at the Middle School here and absolutely love it! Yes, I'm a LUNCH LADY!!! But a nice one I So I don a hair net and apron everyday.  I have been busy sewing aprons for myself since I didn't have but one and they don't supply aprons that are cute!!  Only dull white one!!! So I have made myself four new aprons and have two more that I ordered but aren't here yet ... gotta try and look good, even with a hair net!!  lol . My BFF Tanya sent me a cute pattern and a book full of aprons patterns so I need to try a couple of them out too!! Thanks Sis.. love you most!!.. I work with three other very nice gals and I am really enjoying it.  I only work 4 1/2 or 5 hours a day, I don't have to go until the kids are on the bus and am off before they get home, so it is perfect for them and me!!  I won't have to work in the summers or any vacation or other days the school kids have off!!  I sure won't get rich but it's a little spending money and some well needed ADULT time for me.  I do miss being home and my routine here, but it has been good for me.  It helps I like the ladies I work with and the kitchen mgr told me today she sure was glad she picked me!! Any vote of confidence it a good thing. I am having to get used to being on my feet so much, but it is getting better, I sure do sleep good at night!!  I do need to get busy sewing a special order for a friend of mine, but she is being so great and not rushing me.  It snowed here today so it will be a good weekend to do some stitching!!  I'll get them done Bonnie!!! tee hee.
I hope to be know as a nice lunch lady not like this gal!!! LOL... I did have a student tell me he liked me because I'm nice to them and don't yell all the time!!!  So I guess I'm doing okay!! :O)

Lunch Lady Doris Pictures, Images and Photos
Well, it's Friday night so I get the night off from cooking..so I guess I'll head to town to get some dinner!!
Have a good night... 

10 comments:

Tanya said...

SIS - Been down with a migraine since last night - wind blowing BAD here in Vegas. Just read this post and my email - I am SO, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you and this job! Wish I was there to squeeze you - GOOD ON YA', GIRL!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO - ME

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I just read your earlier post, congrats on the new job! One of my other friends is a "lunch lady" this year, too! What a great job to have with your children being young.

Bear Hugs~Karen

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

Congrats on the job! Im happy for you that you are enjoying it and it does help that you dont need to worry about being home for your own kids. You will have to share a pic of the aprons you made so we can all see!

Anne said...

Well good to hear that you enjoy the job. One of my best friends was a "lunch lady" for years and up through the ranks...now shes head secretary at one of the elementary schools..not bad huh? Enjoy your weekend!!
Blessings,
Anne

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Congrats on your new job. Wishing you all the luck! Great to have a job when you can be home with your kids when they are home from school. Yes want to see the aprons you made.
Prim Blessings! Robin

Sew Many Raggedies said...

Good for you. It's important to love what you do. Maybe you can make aprons for all of the other lunch ladies ~ and you can all be "stylin".
~Rene~

Farmchick said...

Congrats on the job....would love to see your aprons. I LOVE aprons!!! I have several my grandmothers made...and I love them so much. :) Come say hi!!

Margaret said...

Congratulations. I'm sure you bring a smile to all the kiddies!

Sharon Wink Ormando said...

Good for you.....it such a pleasure going to work when you enjoy it.
Been looking for one myself but they don't want someones who 59 and has been self employed for most of their lives. Guess I have to look at it like this....their loss! I'm still kicking butts and can probably run circles around the youngsters.
Have fun!
Hugs
Sharon:)
Like your choices of music too!

Toyin O. said...

Congrats on your new job, good luck with everything:)