~ A wise man once said: I don't know, go ask a Woman!! ~

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Monster Jam crashes & then one of our own!!!

This past weekend we got to go to Monster Jam in Denver. We had gone before, but this is the first time Ashley got to go! She was more excited than Brandon I think. She loves her Monster Trucks especially MONSTER MUTT!! Thank goodness he was one of the trucks that were there. GRAVE DIGGER is always there, that truck is the big draw but they you never know which trucks may be at this show. We went to the Pit Party and got all the drives autographs and pictures with each one. We had great seats close to the auction. Ashley is already talking about next year!!
It was a great family day and the kids and Hubby and I had a great day together. But we had a little smash up of your own on the way home. We were only about 10 miles from home when we hit a deer on a bridge!! My car won, but that deer did some damage. See below pictures. But none of us were hurt and the kids really didn't get upset about it. Brandon just couldn't understand why the deer just didn't wait to cross the road!! Don't we all wonder that!!

The kids and Me with the driver to Grave Digger. Of course look, Mom has all the stuff in her hands to carry around!!! lol


Brandon with his El Toro Loco Banner!!! His favorite truck and that truck was there too!! With the driver, Lupe Sosa, that is the original driver of it!! You think Brandon had just meant the President!! He was so excited!!!


Ashley with her Monster Mutt hat, it look like a slipper on her head!!!
Headed for home. A good time had by all!!! It was such a fun day and it was suppose to snow and didn't!!! Yippee we didn't have to drive two hours on the ice!!

The damage from the deer.. good thing we only hit his hind end!!
Have a great week all my friends. I need to get busy with my Easter goodies!!!

6 comments:

Farmchick said...

Looks like a great family day. THe Monster trucks are coming here in March...we have one little boy in particular who is asking if we can go! Glad you guys weren't hurt in the deer collision! I hit a deer a few days before Christmas...a big buck. He did quite a bit of damage to my SUV. Have a wonderful day!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

What a fun time! Sorry about your vehicle damage though. But happy that nobody got hurt!

Carrie said...

Looks like you all had a great time!! Gotta love family time. My kids are almost 18 and 16 so finding "family time" is getting harder and harder. And it makes me sad!!

I am sorry to hear about the accident but glads to hear that everybody was safe!!

Carrie♥

Lisa said...

Oh man, I used to take my older son to see Grave Digger. He's almost 20 now. LOL Sorry about your little smashup but glad everyone's ok.

Judy said...

My boys loved Grave Digger many, many moons ago....my oldest will be 30 this year! I remember when it first appeared on the monster truck scene, we had to buy one (toy version) immediately and that thing zoomed up and down my hallway for a long time. Glad to see the deer didn't do too much damage!

Back in the Day said...

Joleen - It looks like you all had a great time! The kids look so happy with their goodies! My son loves Monster Mutt too - loves the ears when he jumps. But they are all Gravedigger fans at heart!
Sorry about your run in with the deer!
Nicole