~ A wise man once said: I don't know, go ask a Woman!! ~

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Stuffing pillows made easier!!!

Okay all of my new prim friends, maybe you already do this, but I JUST thought of it so either I'm slow or had a great idea!!! lol

I was stuffing a prim pillow to list today and I have been using the 'cluster stuff' to make them feel more 'feather pillow like' and if you have used it before it is a pain in your behind!!! It gets all over and is hard to hang onto. Unless you leave a very big fill hole in the end of what ever you are stuffing, it seems to take FOREVER!!
Do you have an old jar filler hanging around. You know what you use to fill jars when canning!!
LIGHT BULB!!!
Why not use it to fill up your pillows?? I have a very old glass one my Grandma King used may years ago. It works like a dream!!!. I just put the funnel opening in the fill hole and started stuffing!! I filled that pillow in about 1/3 of the time is usually takes.!!!! Yippee!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Maybe you have a trick too, it but this did work great and I wanted to share it with you!!! I know that if you spritz your fabric with just a little water that things stuff nicer also!!

Here is my finished product!!
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


But it wasn't grubby enough for us prim lovers, so I coffee/cinnamon/vanilla stained it and baked it. It is or will be soon on my eBay site. *theprimitvebucket*. Thanks for looking and I hope this was a helpful hint!!!

Blessings, Joleen

No comments: