~ A wise man once said: I don't know, go ask a Woman!! ~

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I found " Mica Flake" at Wally!!! But is it the REAL Thing!?

I use mica flake a lot when doing my crafting especially in the winter. It is so pretty and really makes my creations look frosty!! Well I found "mica flake" at Wally the other day, it was kind of pricey, almost $9 but if figured that it would be about the same with shipping if I got if from eBay. Well some of my friends in one of my groups on eBay had also found it but thought it didn't look like real mica, so I broke open my package of it to compare, and it isn't exactly the same as mica, it is more iridescent than real mica. PLUS while looking for my mica for my test I found a bag of Buffalo Snow Flakes that I also got at Wally last year on clearance for only .35 and there was more in that bag than the nice shaker you get with the mica I found in the craft isle. The snow is has a tiny bit bigger 'flakes' but not so that is wouldn't work. So beware and look in the Christmas decoration isle first. The bag of snow had an original price of $1.48 so even not on sale it is a much better deal than the craft isle rip off!!! And it isn't like "REAL" mica but it is pretty and I'll use it. I live two hours from a nice craft store, so in a pinch this will work. Oh yeah the pictures above are, from top to bottom: The .35 Buffalo Snow, The REAL MICA and bottom, the almost $9 bottle of mica from the craft isle... Have a great crafting day...now back to my stuffing!!!

3 comments:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

That's neat! I don't craft enough to need any though. I know that the German glass glitter sure can be expensive!

Back in the Day said...

Thanks for the tip! I was wondering if it was a good as the stuff I order online! I appreciate your research Joleen!

Farmchick said...

Hi just stopping to say hi!!! Thanks for the tip...I will have to check that out...I hate going to Wal-Mart though! WAAAAYYYYY yoo many people and not enough checkers!!! EEK!

Have a great weekend!

Tania