~ A wise man once said: I don't know, go ask a Woman!! ~

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Third time a Charm for Ashley!!!

Ashley had a set back from her surgery and had to go back the Children's Hospital in Denver, for the third time since July, last Monday and we got home just this past Sunday. She had a complication from her surgery that caused a large clot and infection!! So after more "procedures", a drain for several days from her tummy and another picc line, she is home and hopefully on the mend for good. She scared us for sure and is a tough little girl and has been through more than most 4 yao should have to go through. It was a long and very emotional week for Joe and I. We felt like because of our decisions she had to go through all of this. I just don't know what I would do it she got sick again!! I would take all the pokes and tests for her if I could. I hope we get our life back to some normalcy now. She has missed almost 3 weeks of school , but we don't what to rush the healing process. Brandon has been a trooper. He has felt a little abandoned and left out and has struggled with all of this too!! He was so happy to see us walk through the door on Sunday and is a happy boy again!!! I will be very Thankful this year for my kids and the love I get from one little smile!! Blessings, Joleen

4 comments:

Farmchick said...

Oh my dear....I feel for you guys! That surely would be hard on everyone. I am glad Ashley seems to be on the mend now and that you are all home together where you should be!!! Take care!
~Tania

~Star Spangled Pretties~ said...

Ok, I need a tissue now!! Poor little Ash....she's a lucky little girl who has a Momma and Daddy (and brother, too!) that love her so darn much!! I sure hope this is the last trip to Children's for you guys! :0) I'll keep you and Ash in my thoughts and prayers.....Love ya girl!

Jody

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment with all that you having going on:) I appreciate that!

I'm so happy that she is home with you now and I'm sure your son is glad that the familiy is all together again.

I was like Ashely...I was in Children's hospital when I was in 1st grade in the 50's, poor mom and dad had to travel to Pittsburgh everyday to see me, mom one time road the bus:)
Have a great day.
Rondell

Tammy said...

I sure hope everything is ok. I know that she has been through alot, but that will only make her stonger. Prayers being said for you and your family.