~ A wise man once said: I don't know, go ask a Woman!! ~

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I made something on Whatca Working on Wednesday

I just love all the Whatca Working on Wednesdays posts, but I haven't ever had anything to show, but I was determined to get something done today!!
I haven't had a chance to sit down and sew for some time and I have two shows coming up fast so I really need to get my rear in gear.
I got his snowman head done, he is my first attempt at the pattern and I changed a few details but I think I like him a lot!!! I may shorten the nose up some, but my buddy Bonnie loved it just the way it is. He is big and tall, but great for a centerpiece. He is made from osanburg and stuffed with rags so he will be stable and has some weight to him!! I think I will make one and put lights around where his scarf is!!! What do you think??












He was a blast to make and once I get the hang of it will be a fast project!!! Now I'm in the mood to sew!!! LOOK OUT!!! lol

14 comments:

angie said...

he's adorable! thanks for the award!

basketsnprims said...

Very cute!
Pam

Farmchick said...

Oh I think he is just too sweet!!
I finally got my award posted on my blog. I have been scramblin' here to get things done in an orderly fashion!! Hope things are going great for you!
Hugs~
Tania

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love him! I'm sure he will sell right away and the lights would be cute too!
Rondell

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Hes adorable, I love his lil mouth.

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

You did great! He is too cute!

The Primitive Bucket said...

You gals are good for my ego!! tee hee.

Jenn his mouth is heavy gauge wire, the face is the fun part, that's when they get their 'personality'

Have a great day all you great ladies!!

Joleen

Back in the Day said...

He is adorable! I love the nose just like you have it! What a great idea for a centerpiece! GREAT JOB!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

He is sooooooo cute!! Perfectly prim!!

Unknown said...

I love this snowman; I am a huge collector! Do you have an Etsy shop?

Samantha said...

He is very cute- isn't it a great feeling to finish a project!

Coloradolady said...

very cute snowman. You are so talanted! Great job.

Tanya said...

DARLING - almost makes me long for the snow back home...almost! :-) Whoever gets this is going to be one very happy camper - Joleen does quality, beautiful work!!

Tanya

The Primitive Bucket said...

You guys are so sweet!!! He is a cutie and I hope to sell several. Never can have to many snowmen!!!
Joleen